About Me

My photo
I am a self published author from Brooklyn, New York. I have been publishing my work since 2004 and currently have four titles on the market in print and ebook format. I write horror and fantasy fiction as well as books for young adult. I am also a playwright with stage productions in and around New York City. Visit my website at www.hobbcatpublishing.com

Friday, March 14, 2008

A RESPONSE TO CONCERNS ABOUT THE HOOKY PARTY

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I have not updated this blog in awhile, I have been busy promoting The Hooky Party and working on my collection of horror stories that will be out later this year. I want to thank all of you who have bought The Hooky Party for your support.

I wanted to take this moment to address a concern that has been brought to my attention.

Many people have come to me and said that while they have enjoyed The Hooky Party, there were some errors they discovered in the book. I myself was suprised to hear this because I had a professional editor copy edit the book before it went to print and, until recently, had not heard there were problems. One reader even brought me their copy of the book and pointed them out to me. I was mortified so I quickly went and pulled the finalized copy edited manuscript from my files fearing I might have sent the wrong manuscript to print. But when I went back through it I discovered that these errors were present.

The errors were not major in that I needed to rewrite the entire book, but if my audience is bothered by it, I'm bothered by it as well. Needless to say I got right to work correcting these problems. So for the past couple of months I have been cleaning up the mistakes. So what does this mean?

The Hooky Party is getting a little makeover. It will be the same story, just with those errors cleared up. Those of you who have noticed them, know that I am aware and that a cleaner edition is coming. When it is ready I will announce it. The book also has new price $13.95.

So know that I am busy making your reading experience the best one possible.

Look of the new announcment.

No comments: